[LISPmob-users] LISP for multi-interface mobile device
MUSAB MUHAMMAD
2014-06-18 13:34:30 UTC

Is there a way to use LISP for multi-interface mobile device? I realised that I can only specify one interface at the point of configuration, and since my research is on heterogeneous wireless networks, testing LISP with 3G and Wi-Fi capable device forms the bedrock of my research.

Any help please?

Thanks,

Musab Isah

Research Student,
School of Computing and Communications,
D29, InfoLab21
Lancaster University
Albert López
2014-06-25 08:20:13 UTC
Dear Musab,

Sorry for the delay. There is currently two versions of LISPmob for
Android. The non root version which allow to select several interfaces
but it only will use the one that Android has as default and the root
version. Even the root version, you can select several interfaces by
modifying the configuration file (manually) and LISPmob will generate
the appropriate routing tables, Android only have one active interface
at the same time. There are some project that have managed two have more
than one interface up at the same time in Android to increase throughput
but we didn't have time to investigate this options yet. Summering,
technicaly it is possible to do it but it is not yet implemented.

Regards

Albert
Hi,
Lancaster University
MUSAB MUHAMMAD

Lancaster University
Albert López
2014-06-26 13:48:18 UTC
Hi Musab,

You could check this link
<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1667025>.

Regards

Albert
Post by MUSAB MUHAMMAD
[...]
Hi,
Lancaster University
Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
2014-06-26 14:38:43 UTC
Musab,

Please keep in mind that the link Albert L. provided you is for an
application that seems to use both interfaces at the same time, but that is
not related to LISP. As far as we know, LISPmob is the only application
that support LISP on Android devices.

Regards,
Alberto
Lancaster University
MUSAB MUHAMMAD
2014-07-08 14:10:27 UTC
Hi Alberto,

Thanks a lot. I glanced through the contents and bookmarked the page for later reading.

Thanks once again for clarification.

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:39 PM, Alberto Rodriguez-Natal <***@ac.upc.edu> wrote:

Musab,

Please keep in mind that the link Albert L. provided you is for an application that seems to use both interfaces at the same time, but that is not related to LISP. As far as we know, LISPmob is the only application that support LISP on Android devices.

Regards,
Alberto

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Albert López <***@ac.upc.edu> wrote:

Hi Musab,
[...]